Management of dialogue with our stakeholders
Daimler engages in dialogue with its stakeholders all over the world and includes them in its business operations. A critical factor for us in the identification and evaluation of our stakeholders is the question of whether, and to what extent, a specific group of people is affected by our company’s activities. The following major issues have turned out to be particularly important for this dialogue, and the Group has contact persons who are responsible for each of these issues.
- The Investor Relations unit is responsible for communicating with investors and shareholders;
- Corporate Environmental Protection coordinates the dialogue with stakeholders about environmental issues;
- the development units of the divisions are in charge of vehicle safety issues;
- Human Resources is responsible for contact and communication with the employees regarding personnel issues that affect them (both at headquarters and at the Group locations);
- our procurement organization engages in an ongoing dialogue with our suppliers and other automakers concerning social and environmental issues that are relevant to procurement;
- Public Policy and External Affairs and the Corporate Development team coordinate the dialogue with elected officials and governmental bodies and with associations regarding political and Group-related issues;
- Corporate Communication deals with media inquiries.
The newly established Sustainability Board will play a key role in multi-issue and cross-divisional coordination. It will also consider the use of new and more extensive measures.